Skip to main content

Casting Updates for Park Sung-woong


It was teased that Park Sung-woong might take a role in a movie with Kim Sung-kyun, but since casting rumors die as quickly as they spring up, I quelled my excitement. Well, no need for that now because it's been recently confirmed that both actors have agreed to do the movie. *throws confetti*

Kim Sung-kyun's confirmation was announced first along with Kim Sang-kyung (yeah!) and Yoon Seung-ah (pass). The movie is called 살인의뢰 which on Dramabeans named it Murder for Hire, but I'm going to call it Request for Murder until an official English title is released or an unofficial English title is agreed upon. Anyways, the movie is about a police officer and an average man who seek revenge on a serial killer.

Kim Sang-kyung will play a police officer Tae-soo who loses his younger sister to the serial killer. His role sounds similar to his previous characters, but he's a solid actor I adore so I know I'll enjoy him. Kim Sung-kyun who's basking in stardom from Reply 1994 and recently cast as a lead in a Jang Jin film (which is another combination I am looking forward to), will play the husband, Seung-hyun, who loses his wife to the serial killer and has his life fall apart soon after. It sounds like an interesting yet unoriginal character, but I have confidence that Kim Sung-kyun will do the role justice because he's just that incredible and amazing. Playing his wife Soo-kyung will be Yoon Seung-ah. I haven't really seen Yoon's dramas nor do I particularly remember her characters in anything. She was recently in I Need Romance 3. Her acting is forgettable but maybe she'll do better in movies with strong actors around her.

Last but not least, Park Sung-woong will play the killer, Kang-chun. He's still riding the wave of New World and has taken on a lot of projects. I'm glad he's playing a strong character because I think they suit him well, especially menacing yet charismatic ones. I'd rather he be a typecast into something he's good and memorable in rather than a bland protagonist or supporting character, but that's from the perspective of a fan and viewer.

While I'm ecstatic about the casting, I must admit serial killer movies are not my favorite. I still haven't been able to sit through The Chaser which I want to watch but keep pushing back. Well, with this line-up, I'll have to watch this when it comes out. Though the premise seems very much "been-there-done-that", the casting is pretty phenomenal so I have high hopes.




Via Movie Naver

Comments